Friday, August 21, 2015

The Vacuum Called Time

My last official blog post was January 2011...and here we are in 2015. Over four years have passed since my last post...where has the time gone? An even more telling question is "Do you know why I quit after only a couple posts?"

Here's why: I wasn't getting enough attention. Sad but true...and thus began my enslavement to Facebook, where gratification is instant. Whenever I needed my ego stroked, I just clicked on the Facebook icon on my phone, typed out something self-centered and clicked post.

If I could count the number of hours I wasted on Facebook in Lilly's lifetime, I would be ashamed of myself. I AM ashamed of myself. How many times was I trolling my News Feed when I could have been playing with my sweet daughter or simply talking to my husband?

I am very much an old school kind of girl. I still send letters and cards through the mail but I couldn't tell you the last time I actually dialed a friend's phone number and just called to chat. That's what Facebook messenger is for, right?

One thing you will learn about me is that my world is black and white. I sometimes see in color but in my mind it's either you give all or none at all.

I speak for myself here. How God is leading me is not how He is leading you. Is Facebook in itself evil? Not at all. When anything takes God's place in my heart, then that's where the trouble starts.

I have purposed in my heart that I am not going to be influenced by this world. I have a little girl who needs the special attention of her Mama. I have a husband who needs an effective helpmeet. I have 88 students to win for the cause of Christ. I don't have time for distractions.

If you're still reading, pray for me and my resolve to uphold decisions I have made this week.

Until next time...

Tomma




No comments:

Post a Comment